1. the first thing is to recognize you know very little, maybe nothing at all. But that you are willing to learn
2. sometimes your best ally is your enemy
3. to lead is not to be the commander, to lead is to engage others so that they want to follow you
4. gain hearts and brains, so that others will keep carrying your message even when you are not present
5. trust is the foundation upon which we build sustainable alliances
6. diversity matters
7. If you have leaders that are willing to take you to the wrong path, oppose them and let your troops know you are opposing.